Our Outreach Ministries are a way of serving others.
Emmaus House is an Episcopal settlement house in Peoplestown, the area around Turner Field, providing many services and programs for the people in that neighborhood. Christ Church provides financial support, participates in its Christmas programs, and provides volunteers for programs like the summer Freedom School. https://www.emmaushouseatlanta.org
Episcopal Relief and Development (ERD)—ERD is the international relief and development agency of The Episcopal Church, and a separate 501(c)(3). Our parish representative receives information about ERD’s needs and activities, and disseminates it to the parish. Christ Church has generously donated funds through Mission of Mercy collections, and through special collections for disasters locally and around the world.
For more information, contact Karen Swenson.
Haiti Partnership—Christ Church partnered with St. Joseph’s of Arimathea Church and School in Jasmin, Haiti, in 2007. We are financially committed to contribute monthly to student scholarships and teacher salaries. Members of Christ Church travel to Haiti twice per year (spring and fall) with donated supplies, and help at the medical, dental, and eye clinics.
One Sunday each month we have a special basket collection to benefit our outreach ministries and other local non-profits. Past recipients include Emmaus House, Hunger Walk, Nicholas House, and New American Pathways. We recently added the Good Samaritan Clinic, and are exploring other non-profits that assist children and families in Norcross and nearby communities. CCE also has Sandwich Sundays to support area food ministries.
Christ Church is the co-founder of this 30+ year ministry that serves the impoverished families and individuals of the greater Norcross area. The core mission of NCM is the provision of food and clothing, and the assistance with shelter and utility bills. Multiple outreach programs throughout the year at Christ Church support NCM. They are a 501(c)(3) organization.
The Neighborhood Cooperative Ministry (NCM) provides emergency assistance to families in our community who are in crisis. The services consist primarily of food and clothing distribution, and financial aid for housing and utility bills. Additional programs include ESOL classes, Job Ministry and Consumer Credit Counseling.
Christ Church Episcopal is committed to supporting the Neighborhood Cooperative Ministry through food drives, toy drives at Christmas and recruiting volunteers as well as providing financial support each year as part of our Outreach budget. Contact Mary Ann Fair for more information.
NCM is excited to begin work on a new campaign called RESTORING HOPE. The plan has three parts: Transform Lives, Provide New and Expanded Services, and Educate and Communicate.
For more information on ways you can help, please see the NCM website at: www.ourncm.org
This ministry was founded by Christ Church in 1991. The mission of Rainbow Village is to transform the lives of homeless families with children by providing a stable community and services that instill initiative and accountability for future generations. Multiple outreach programs throughout the year at Christ Church help support Rainbow Village, including donations of furniture and household goods, and monetary gifts through Mission of Mercy collections. They are a 501(c)(3) organization.
Contact Rita Boughrum for more information.
Be part of the Christ Church Sandwich Squad! Volunteers make sandwiches on as needed basis for Emmaus House and other sandwich ministries. Volunteers receive an email request and prepare a loaf sized bag of sandwiches. To volunteer, please contact the Parish Administrator.
The sewing guild at Christ Church was established in 2007. We meet at the church or in our homes to sew and enjoy fellowship. We have women who sew, women who design, and women who iron. If you interested in joining our group, please contact Nicki DeVillier
This past year we made quilts and table runners to sell. All proceeds went to our Haiti Mission. Costumes were made for performers with the “Christ Church Players” and we have made vestments as they are needed.
The Thrift Shop has been in continuous service to the church since 1981. The Thrift Shop donates 60% of its profits to the church’s general fund, disbursing those funds quarterly. The remaining 40% of profit is deposited into the Thrift Shop account and held in reserve to purchase tangible items that are requested by clergy and the congregation.
The Thrift Shop meets a vital need for those in our community, selling gently used clothing, kitchenware and small home furnishings. We always need helping hands and we encourage volunteers from the parish as well as the community. Donations are accepted during the hours that the Thrift Shop is open.
The shop is located in the basement of the church office building across the parking lot from the church building.
10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday & Saturday