There are many ways for adults to connect with others within the church for fun, fellowship and to build community no matter who you are. The links below will get you started.
Adult Adventures is one of the many opportunities at Christ Church Norcross to connect with fellow parishioners and enjoy quarterly trips to museums, gardens and the theater. Adult Adventures began in Fall 2016 with an inaugural trip to the Hindu mandir in Lilburn. A spring 2017 trip to Gibbs Garden was also arranged. The first winter trip of 2018 was a well attended behind the scenes tour of the fabulous Fox Theater. Other trips will include the Atlanta Beltline and Ponce City Market (May 2018), the Center for Disease Control Museum (June 2018) and the William Breman Jewish Museum (Fall 2018). These coordinated trips allow those who might not want to brave Atlanta traffic to carpool from the church. Adult Adventures is under the Parish Life forum which seeks to instill rich and diverse relationships within our community.
Contact Kristie Bernard for more information.
What is Foyers all about? It is about organized small groups of adults that share a simple meal and fellowship together on a roughly monthly basis. And that is all that it is about…fellowship!
Foyers has a long and rich tradition at Christ Church, and our goal is to get to know one another:
- Larger groups (8-10) so the fun goes on even if someone can’t make it!
- Emphasis on a simple meal (dinner, lunch or brunch) that keeps the hurdle low for the next host!
- With the agreement of everyone in the group, patronizing a local restaurant is also an option. Or, take those sandwiches on a picnic!
- We start in October and run through May for maximum scheduling flexibility, particularly around the holidays.
- For those who aren’t sure, let us know that you just want to try it out and we’ll make sure that you are included in a group for at least one or two meals.
- Open to all adults – couples and singles.
Sign-Up dates will be August 31st and September 6th in the Parish Hall following the 10:30am service.
For more information, contact Kristie Bernard
We are a diverse group who like to have fun while growing our spirituality. We support each other through prayer and friendship as we experience our Helps! Thanks! And Wows! in our daily lives.
We meet during the “school year” on Sunday morning at 9:15 for a class based upon a book we are studying.
We hope you will join us for Ladies Night Out, our monthly dinners, scheduled the second Thursday of each month at 6:30 pm. We try different restaurants in our area each month. Come as you are to enjoy an evening out with your friends and to meet new ones. For more information and to RSVP contact Judy Moore.
“No man is an island…”
We are a group of guys at Christ Church who:
- Get together to grow spiritually through Sunday morning classes and special quarterly events
- Build lasting friendships by working side by side on service projects.
- Just plain have fun at many get-togethers like hiking, watching football, or monthly Tavern trivia.
- If you are 16 years or older, you can be part of the group. Just contact one of the board members (Trifold Mens Group PDF) to get more information.
- If you have questions or are interested in joining, please reach out to Men’s Group Leader: Wes Quesenberry
See 2020 Mens Group Calendar PDF
The core mission of Christ Church Players is two-fold: to build community within the parish, and to reach out into the greater community to help grow the church. This theatre troupe continues to develop as members discover God’s gifts within themselves.
Christ Church Players held two performances in 2013: Evangel in August, followed by A Christmas Carol in December. In August 2014 Some Enchanted Evening (two performances) were held August 15th and 16th. With investments of time, talent, and treasure, This theatre troupe continues to develop as members get to know each other in new and deeper ways and discover God’s gifts within themselves. We truly feel the Holy Spirit is at work in this group. And we have fun!
All are invited to join in, whether they be actors, musicians, stage hands, set designers, costume designers, photographers … and the list goes on!
PrimeTimers purpose is to bring together “Seniors” of our parish in a social setting to provide opportunity for fellowship. The group meets after the noonday healing service on the first Wednesday of the month. All adult members of Christ Church are invited to sign up, you do not need to be a senior to join the group! The members take turns bringing the meal- including main course, side dishes, drinks and dessert. A few times a year, a guest speaker comes in to discuss Medicare updates, Exercise for seniors, or other topics of interest, but fellowship is the main goal!
If you are interested in helping with PrimeTimers in any way such as: rides to the church, donating food, helping set up or clean up, please contact coordinator Leslie Wengenroth.
The Adult Education Committee seeks to provide a range of options for all adults who attend Christ Church to grow in knowledge and wisdom and to love and serve in Christ. If you have ideas for us to consider or would be interested in serving on the committee, please contact Tracy Iwaskow, Chair.