Announcements or Communique Articles about the potential land sale:
July, 2018 Communiqué
“You can’t always get what you want / but if you try sometime / you find you get what you need.”
Who would have thought that Mick, Keith, and the rest of the Rolling Stones would have been so prescient with their 1969 lyrics?!
As the Wise Heart Committee (WHC) continues to explore options and generate cost estimates, we have embraced the reality that, indeed, we will not be able to get everything we want. We have lowered our sights from a number of grand renovations to the practical solutions we can afford. The good news is that we believe we will get what we need!
We want to reassure the congregation that we continue to look at each relocation idea and renovation investment through the lens of growth. In other words, does it make sense to choose one elegant but more costly renovation project, or fund two smaller, more practical, projects that enhance our overall attractiveness and will potentially draw people into our congregation? These are lively discussions, to be sure!
In terms of timing, we are also learning that just about everything we are working on is taking longer than initially anticipated – should not be a surprise, right? We are running as fast as we can to stay synchronized with the Developer’s timeline; here are the key activities of the Wise Heart Committee and our current timeline:
- Make recommendations to the Vestry with our best thinking regarding the amount of debt reduction and the disbursement of the net proceeds from the sale – end of June
- Present our plan to the Diocese, and gain their endorsement so that we can sign the Purchase and Sales Agreement – early July
- Review the next iteration of the Site Plan Concept – a drawing of the entire campus including: where the Developer’s buildings will be relative to our buildings, as well as things like the new entrance, shared driveway, common areas, the new location for our parking spaces, and so on – mid-July
- Present our recommendations to the congregation for feedback – mid-July
- Support the Developer’s presentation to the community for feedback – mid-July
- Support the Developer’s submission of the rezoning application – early August
- Close the deal with the Developer – 1Q 2019
- Begin church renovations – immediately after the closing
- Relocate Office and Youth Center activities – 2Q 2019 Should you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to contact any member of the WHC.
June, 2018 Communiqué
We are working the details!
The Wise Heart Committee (WHC) combined the feedback from out attorneys with the comments from the Diocese, and presented to the purchaser the changes we would like to see in the Purchase and Sales Agreement (PSA). We expect to have the PSA signed by early June. Thanks to Busy Belden and Terry Franzen, who are serving as our attorneys.
Members of WHC reviewed an initial site plan developed by One Street. This plan showed some early ideas of where their buildings could go relative to our buildings, as well as things like the new entrance, shared driveway, common areas, the new location for our parking spaces, and so on. Overall, the WHC was pretty excited about the future look of the campus. We had a number of things we really liked and some requested changes. One Street welcomed our feedback and agreed to work on the changes and generate a revised site plan.
The WHC continues to work with our architect and the Building and Grounds Committee to plan the near-term renovations and repairs to our buildings. We have moved beyond general concepts, and have rquested our architect to do some initial sketches and get started on cost estimating. As we have said all along, we will not be able to afford everything we’d like to do, so prioritization will be a major undertaking. The WHC is looking forward to sharing these early ideas with the congregation as soon as we can. We are excited to hear your comments and respond to your questions.
Once again, we want to remind everyone that there are still many hurdles to overcome before we complete this transaction. We continue to be encouraged about the work to date and remain optimistic that we will successfully consummate this deal. We ask for your continuing prayers.
Dates Announcements were made in Church:
05/18 Communiqué, Page 3
4/29/2018 (Ceci) Announcement in church
03/18 Communiqué, Page 7
02/18 Communiqué, Page 12
01/18 p.5 (Ben)
11/17 p.2 (Kristie)
10/17 p.2 (Kristie)
9/17 p.2 (Kristie)
8/17 p.3 (Kristie)
7/17 p.3 (Kristie) & p.3 (Ken)
6/17 p.6 (Kristie)
4/17 p.1 (Ceci), p.6 (Kristie)